[Video] What is a Media Briefing Book?
A media briefing book is a set of information on:
• media outlets you are targeting
• journalists' background and reporting style
• types of interview questions
How to build a media briefing book:
• Research past articles and recorded interviews
• Share info on how the journalists cover the topic
• Investigate the media outlet’s background (audience demo and psychographics)
• Find out potential interview questions in advance
• Questioning styles (fast or slow?)
• Review past interviews for a repeat question style
• Be aware of previous negative coverage of your company or product
• Gather personal info about the journalist
Have fun building one.